Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: 808-8A vs 802-8D vs 802-8T

  1. #1
    Inactive Member JanH's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2003
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi am new to this board so this has probably been asked before.

    I have just bought a pair of Altec 808-8A when I checked the diaphragms it appeared that they vere mounted with aluminium type diaphragms - are these the same as in the 802-8B ?
    -I have mounted the 808-8A on my 15" coax speakers and they are truly amazing. Dynamics and resolution are unbelievable good.
    Have just aquired another pair of 802-8B of
    eBay that need new diaphragms - Can the 808 and 802 use the same alu-diaphragms ?
    Are the 802-8T (Tangerine) considered better than the 808/802 with the alu diapraghms ?

    Could I expect better sound if I had the magnet of these units recharged ?

    Thanks for any enlightment on this...

    Jan
    A Danish audiophile

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Steve Burger's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2002
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The diaphragms are interchangeable between the small format drivers. For home hifi the aluminum 802/902 diaphragm is the best. Most people (probably myself included) would not be able to tell the difference between the quality of sound between the aluminum or the pascalite 909 diaphragm which handles 2.5X the power that the aluminum will. The symbiotik is no longer made but is inferior in sound to either the aluminum or the pascalite.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member scott fitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2003
    Posts
    495
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I still have eight of my original 808-8A drivers with Tangerine phase plugs! My drivers have aluminum phragms and I find these to make some of the MOST remarkably clean and extended top end I have ever heard!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member JanH's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2003
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by scotty j:
    I still have eight of my original 808-8A drivers with Tangerine phase plugs! My drivers have aluminum phragms and I find these to make some of the MOST remarkably clean and extended top end I have ever heard!</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Hi Steve and Scotty
    Thanks for your replys.

    Thaught the 808-8A only had the "old" round phase slots. Is it possible to put a Tangerine phase plug in it ?

    Rgds Jan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.